The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and Treating Customers Fairly (TCF)
Callaway Sykes Associates Limited has made the FCA’s Treating Customers Fairly Outcomes a core principle of our firm and the way in which we conduct our business and look after our clients. We are constantly striving to improve our services and develop new ways to build a better business.
The main themes of our Treating Customers Fairly philosophy are our commitment to provide:
- A thorough understanding of a client’s individual circumstances, risk-tolerance, plans and future objectives
- Appropriate, considered advice and guidance with client-specific solutions to problems (NB – we are not “product sellers”)
- Clear and concise information to our clients
- Written reports and letters free of as much industry “jargon” as possible and written in plain English
- Efficient and accurate service and speedy response times
- Confidentiality at all times
- NO pressure selling of any kind (ever)
- Robust internal compliance procedures – monitored objectively each month by an independent specialist compliance firm
The 6 FCA TCF outcomes
Through TCF, the FCA aims to deliver improved outcomes for consumers. The FCA’s six consumer outcomes explain what they want TCF to achieve for consumers.
The outcomes are as follows:
Outcome 1: Consumers can be confident that they are dealing with firms where the fair treatment of customers is central to the corporate culture.
Outcome 2: Products and services marketed and sold are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly.
Outcome 3: Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.
Outcome 4: Where consumers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances.
Outcome 5: Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect, and the associated service is of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect.
Outcome 6: Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint.
Your impressions of our firm are very important to us and we would be pleased to hear about your experiences in your dealings with our firm.
If you have any feedback (be it positive or negative) please let us know because your views are vital to helping us improve our services in future.
To give us any comments you have please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.